Marine Drive was constucted between 1897 and 1907, opening for traffic on the 16th April 1908. Formally opened by HRH Duke of Connaught in May 1908. It stretches approx. 2.5 miles from Aquarium Top (Spa Footbridge), South Bay to Peasholm Park, North Bay. It is approx. 1100yrds around the castle headland. The toll for the drive was removed in 1951.
Royal Albert Drive, which is the road coming off the drive linking to the cliff top and Queens Parade opened in 1890, with the maximum height of the sea wall being 40 feet.
Foreshore Road on the South Bay was built and opened in 1879.
Parking at a charge.
Open all the time
Closed during bad weather and very high tides.
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Notes||Closed during bad weather and very high tides.|
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO11 1PP
Map reference: TA 048887 Lat: 54.28320 Long: -0.39173
Parking : with charge
Nearest station : 1 mile (1.6 kms) from Scarborough station